£30,000 – £40,000 + Bonus
Our established client specialise in developing efficient data centres, providing digital consultancy, managed services, and technology, for market leading customers. They are now looking for a Network Engineer to join their dedicated team.
The Network Engineer will ideally come from a focused network background and have experience routing and switching. The Network Engineer will join a collaborative team, on a 2nd to 3rd line basis, splitting your role between support, and project assistance.
The Network Engineer will work with multiple technology vendors, so previous experience and a genuine passion would be beneficial.
- Monitor network performance, responding to anomalies, improving network availability and stability
- Provide resolutions to network queries
- Configure, manage, and maintain network environments across different vendor technologies
- Assist with onsite project-based installation and deployment work
- Help define and adhere to network policies and procedures
- Remote access and site to site VPN configuration experience
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP or similar
- Zone based firewall knowledge
- Experience with a range of L2 switching platforms
- Working knowledge of layer 2 protocols
- Excellent layer 2 troubleshooting skills
- Experience of network monitoring platforms
- Bi-annual bonus scheme
- Life insurance
- Hybrid working options
- On-site parking
- Company events
- Health/Medical insurance
- Professional training
- Childcare vouchers
- Free lunch
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.