Cheltenham (Hybrid – 2 days office / 3 days remote)
Our key client, located in Cheltenham has an opening for an experienced Commercial Manager to join them. The Commercial Manager will be working with a world leading admissions service provider, who deliver a wide range of research, consultancy, and advisory services.
A fast-growing organisation, helping hundreds of thousands of people every year. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work with a company who pride themselves on the first-class service they provide to their customers.
As the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for liaising with relevant departments to establish procurement policies. Sourcing services and resources and negotiating costs with suppliers. The Commercial Manager will oversee projects and monitor plans to ensure deadlines are met, projects stay within budget and work is up to standard.
- Manage end to end tender processes
- Embed and develop continuous Category Management improvements
- Undertake the development, review, and negotiation of large, complex contracts
- Deliver supplier cost reduction targets from new and existing contracts, identifying increased efficiencies and process improvements
- Deliver commercial support, utilising the organisation’s eProcurement tool
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and confidently lead dialogue with these stakeholders
- Lead, support and provide updates on tenders, contract review and negotiations
- Ensure procurement best practice is consistently demonstrated
- Line management responsibilities to include development of a team
- Degree qualified, or equivalent, in a business-related subject
- Solid experience working in a Procurement Management team
- Fully conversant with tendering requirements from conception through to contract delivery and award, through to effective relationship management
- Understand the internal and external influences to guide best practice procurements
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and eProcurement tools
- Comfortable working under pressure and within strict deadlines
- Able to influence and motivate others
- CIPS qualified or working towards preferable
- 30 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension – company contribution12%
GB Sales are your specialist recruiters in Sales and Customer Service.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Sales, Customer Service, and Business Development.
We manage Sales jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.