Cheltenham (Hybrid – 2 days office / 3 days remote)
Our key client, located in Cheltenham has an opening for a Buyer to join them. You will be working with a world leading admissions service provider, who deliver a wide range of research, consultancy, and advisory services.
A fast-growing organisation, helping hundreds of thousands of people every year. This is an exciting opportunity for a Buyer who is looking to work with a company who pride themselves on the first-class service they provide to their customers.
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for identifying needs across the organisation, sourcing the most suitable goods and services, initiating their acquisition and their delivery. You will work closely with the Commercial Manager, bringing efficient and cost-effective solutions to the company.
- Ensure the successful management of contracts, including identifying and managing legal project risks and issues
- Support the development and implementation of supplier relationship management plans, focusing on both tactical and strategic suppliers alike
- Provide support for the resolution of all supplier performance issues through mediation and/or formal performance management measures
- Assess the current sourcing strategy and benchmarking process
- Carry out contract renewals and tender exercises utilising public sector frameworks when appropriate, including value for money assessments
- Identify new suppliers, tender, agree terms, and negotiate supply agreements, including discount structures, supplier consolidation, and volume rebates
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a business-related subject, and/or CIPS qualified
- Experience working in a procurement management team
- Fully conversant with tendering requirements from conception to contract delivery and award, through to effective relationship management
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and procurement ordering systems
- Experience dealing with Executive Directors and Senior Managers
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and within strict deadlines
- 30 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension – company contribution 12%
GB Sales are your specialist recruiters in Sales and Customer Service.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Sales, Customer Service, and Business Development.
We manage Sales jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.