Business Development Manager
£22,000 – £25,000 DoE (OTE up to £35,000)
A market leading client are looking for a Business Development Manager (IT) to join them on a full-time, permanent basis. The appointed Business Development Manager will create sales opportunities by building strong relationships with existing and potential customers.
Our client is an IT provider, who understands their clients’ goals and implements suitable technology solutions to help their business succeed.
- Qualify leads and book appointments to maximise opportunities
- Ensure that calls are recorded on the appropriate CRM and actions followed up in accordance with targets set
- Work with other members of the business to recognise and address new business opportunities for existing and new clients
- Initiate and attend customer meetings with decision makers and present customer proposals and quotations (virtually or in person as appropriate)
- Provide accurate sales forecasting of anticipated sales and regular activity reporting
- Keep account development plans and customer profiling documents up to date
- Ensure you follow marketing protocols and only contact prospective businesses with legitimate business services and respect their wishes should they ask to be removed from contact lists
- Report to the management team on any improvements, change requirements and innovation you believe will improve the quality management system
- Previous experience in a sales/account management role
- Experience in a customer facing role or similar
- Driven/skilled negotiator
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to delivery formal presentations
- Commercially minded with good business acumen
- Ability, experience, and interest in technology
GB Sales are your specialist recruiters in Sales and Customer Service.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Sales, Customer Service, and Business Development.
We manage Sales jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.