£23,000 – £28,000
A leading IT hardware business is looking to recruit an On-Site Support Engineer to provide on-site IT support, building and configuring client hardware/software to be used at client sites. The On-Site Support Engineer will help manage, monitor, and maintain server and workstation platforms, ensuring all paperwork is completed and submitted in a timely manner.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established IT solutions business, that focuses on the end-to-end service they deliver to their clients. Having won major contracts with long-standing businesses, the company has significantly strengthened and broadened its customer delivery.
- Provide onsite IT support at client sites
- Build and configure client hardware and software to be used at client sites
- Answer incoming telephone calls, tickets, and emails and be the first point of contact
- Manage own ticket queue and work schedule
- Manage, monitor, and maintain server and workstation monitoring platform daily
- Log support tickets for all issues flagged, including 24/7 and daily checks, notifying the Service Desk Manager of reoccurring outages
- Raise hardware failures as critical P1 priority and raise outages as critical P1 priority
- Ensure the Service Desk Co-Ordinator is kept informed of any scheduling conflicts or changes
- Ensure all paperwork relating to finished work is accurately completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Provide pre-sales support to clients and highlight sales opportunities to the Account Manager
- Be a member of the Out Of Hours On-Call team on a rota basis
- Good knowledge of MS products, Office 365, SharePoint, firewall technologies, networking concepts
- Good working knowledge of IT hardware – Servers, Firewalls, switches, routers, PCs, mobile devices
- Excellent attention to detail, sound problem-solving skills, and analytical thinking
- Proven experience working in an IT support environment covering several different technical areas
- English Language (written and verbal) to a GCSE level or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills, written, over the phone and face to face
- Good customer service skills
- At least 1 formal IT qualification at entry-level or above. For example, GCSE ICT, CompTIA, Microsoft certification, BTech or similar
- Full driving licence
All roles are offered subject to security screening, DBS Enhanced and PNC checks
- Opportunity to buy/sell up to an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Insurance- 4 times annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to 24/7 GP helpline and online GP surgery
- Access to discounts from 1000s of retailers through PERKS
- Personal accident protection
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Voluntary critical illness cover for yourself and partner
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.