IT Support Engineer
£25,000 – £30,000
Our client is a well-established business, who supply infrastructures worldwide. They offer an unrivaled level of products and services to a variety of end-user sectors. Based on the outskirts of Cheltenham, they are seeking an IT Support Engineer to join their hard-working and ambitious team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Engineer who is driven and inquisitive. The IT Support Engineer will report to the IT Director, supporting all elements of the business’ IT requirements.
- Provide best-in-class support services to users across several regions and sites (UK/ America/ Dubai/ Singapore) which includes both software and hardware support
- Provide solutions to incidents, whilst adhering to SLA thresholds
- Prioritise and manage workload effectively to balance several open incidents and mini projects simultaneously
- Work closely with Managed Service Providers or other suppliers to ensure SLAs are met
- Build relationships across the business whilst providing help and advice in technology best practises
- Assist with the future rollout of SaaS systems and decommissioning legacy systems
- Assist as necessary with equipment deployment and onboarding of new employees within the organisation using Microsoft services
- Maintain information and hardware asset registers across the estate
- Create and carry out routine tasks such as system and performance monitoring
- Experience working within IT support/service delivery at a 2nd line level
- Significant development skills
- General network administration and troubleshooting experience
- Microsoft Windows Servers – AD, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Hyper-V
- Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365, Microsoft SQL Server, Teams
- Proactive and solutions-focused, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Critical Illness Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.