Up to £35,000 + bonus
Due to ongoing expansion, an award-winning manufacturing business has recently moved to larger premises and is looking for a Buyer to join their expanding buying team.
This is a great opportunity for a Buyer to join an exciting company who are providers of innovative, world-leading designs, manufacturers, and suppliers of high-quality machinery for well-known clients across the globe.
The appointed Buyer will perform key tasks in the procurement process. Including the generation of suitable commodity strategies, selection, approval of suppliers, order placements, parts expediting, and resolving queries relating to purchase orders.
- Perform supplier approval activities as required
- Identify opportunities for process, productivity, and quality improvements
- Assist the Senior Buyer in developing and managing suppliers for assigned commodities
- Develop commodity strategies to ensure capacity, capability, quality, cost, and supply chain risks are understood
- Maintain MRP part and purchase order information
- Ensure invoice queries are resolved to allow payment to be released
- Effectively communicate with other departments including production, design, stores, and accounts
- Develop and nurture relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, customers, and suppliers
Skills / Experience:
- Purchasing experience within engineering is essential
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- A positive attitude
- Able to travel with full clean driving license
- Free Parking
- Company bonus
GB Sales are your specialist recruiters in Sales and Customer Service.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Sales, Customer Service, and Business Development.
We manage Sales jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.