Up to £55,000 + bonus
Due to ongoing expansion, an award-winning manufacturing business has recently moved to larger premises and is looking for a Senior Buyer to join their expanding buying team.
The appointed Senior Buyer will work for an innovative world leader in the design and manufacturing industry. Supplying high-quality machinery for well-known clients across the globe.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for ensuring parts are procured to meet production requirements. Including cost, quality, delivery, and specification. The successful Senior Buyer will have proven negotiation skills, and the ability to formalise these through supply agreements. They will also have a Junior Buyer reporting to them.
- Place purchase and expedite orders to fulfil MRP and project demand
- Develop and manage suppliers for assigned commodities to ensure key performance levels are achieved
- Develop commodity strategies to ensure capacity, capability, quality, cost, and supply chain risk are understood
- Identify the need for sourcing projects and implement activities identified to perform supplier approval activities
- Complete supplier audits and implement supplier improvement plans
- Maintain MRP part and purchase order information
- Ensure invoice queries are resolved to allow payment to be released in line with agreed terms
- Effectively communicate with other departments including production, design, stores, and accounts
- Develop effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, customers, and suppliers
Skills / Experience
- Extensive purchasing experience within engineering is essential
- Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Understand manufacturing processes for a range of commodities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A helpful and supportive approach to challenge resolutions
- Receptive and adaptable to change
- Able to travel with a full clean driving license
- Free Parking
- Company bonus
GB Sales are your specialist recruiters in Sales and Customer Service.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Sales, Customer Service, and Business Development.
We manage Sales jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.