1st Line Support
£18,000 – £22,000
Our friendly, customer-service-based client, based in Cheltenham is seeking a 1st Line Support Engineer to take control of administration duties. You will provide remote, on-site, and workshop support, assisting in the implementation of projects.
This is a varied role, and the successful 1st Line Support Engineer will need working knowledge of various IT systems.
- Provide support and monitor any escalations from customers
- Answer incoming telephone calls, tickets, and emails
- Correctly log and update tickets with the required information relating to support requests
- Manage, monitor, and maintain server and workstation monitoring platforms daily
- Notify the service desk coordinator of reoccurring outages
- Raise hardware failures and outages
- Manage own ticket queue and work schedule in an efficient manner
- Assist on project work
- Provide coaching on technical skills and processes to junior staff
- Provide pre-sales support to existing customers
- Ensure all paperwork relating to finished work is accurately completed and submitted
- OOH on-call rota
- Experience working in an IT support environment is essential
- At least 1 formal IT qualification at entry-level or above
- English Language (written and verbal) to a GCSE level or equivalent
- Good communication + customer service skills
- A willingness to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Working knowledge of windows 7/8/10
- Working knowledge of Office 2003/2010/2013/2016/365
- Exchange server 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/365 implementation experience
- Working knowledge of VM Ware and/or Hyper-v
- Full driving license
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.