Up to £15ph (temp)
A leading IT hardware business is looking to recruit a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer to provide remote, onsite, and workshop IT support. The 1st Line Service Desk Engineer will provide excellent customer service and administration duties on the service desk, installing projects where necessary.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established IT solutions business, that focus on the end-to-end service they deliver to their clients. Having won major contracts with long-standing businesses, the company has significantly strengthened and broadened its customer delivery.
- Provide 1st line support for incoming service requests, utilising the service desk ticketing system
- Take ownership of support requests, ensuring they are resolved and ensure customers are always communicated to
- Answer incoming telephone calls, tickets and emails and provide first point of contact as well as escalations to all customers
- Visit client sites where necessary to resolve issues, often at short notice
- Contribute to the creation, development and review of procedures and policies within the IT department
- Manage and maintain the end point monitoring platform daily
- Log support tickets for all issues flagged, including 24/7 and daily checks
- Notify the service desk coordinator of reoccurring outages
- Experience working in an IT support environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A formal IT qualification at entry level or above
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft environments
- Working knowledge of windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Working knowledge of windows 7/8/10
- Working knowledge of Exchange server 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016 or365
- Willingness to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment
- On-call allowance
- Healthcare plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.