£30,000 – £40,000 + car allowance and ‘on call’ allowance
A leading IT solutions business has an opportunity for a Technical Project Consultant to join them.
Our client pride themselves on their belief that it is only through having respect for society, stakeholders, and the environment that their business can be successful, and long-lasting, to deliver real value to all concerned.
As the Technical Project Consultant, you will be responsible for supporting and enhancing the customer’s infrastructure so they can meet the objectives of their business. The role of the Technical Project Consultant is to work closely with the client, internal, and external departments, to successfully deliver projects to meet the brief, on time, and within budget and provide ongoing support after implementation.
- Deliver technical projects according to project deliverables as outlined by the Senior Consultant and Sales division
- Responsible for post-project handover, progress project updates, and service improvement reviews for supporting stakeholders
- Update and maintain project documentation and knowledgebase to enable effective handovers to Service Desk or IT teams
- Provide support in resolving change management issues
- Liaise with the sales team to enable new business and to review customer infrastructures highlighting areas for improvement
- Ensure time recording for project work is >95% accurate and complete
- Research and be aware of new and emerging technologies and how they can enhance customer infrastructures
- Any other duties specified by your line manager
- Considerable experience working in an IT support environment, or for a Managed Service Provider
- At least 1 formal IT qualification in a recognised area (Cisco CCNA, MSCA, MSCE or equivalent)
- Exposure to virtualisation technologies including VMware, Hyper V, ESX, VSAN
- Experience working on IT infrastructure projects involving planning, installation, and documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop project Plans and associated communications documents
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server environments, and Networking (HP, Cisco)
- Excellent working knowledge of one or more of the following:- Veeam backup, Firewalls (SonicWall, Sophos), Antivirus configuration experience
- Good working knowledge of Office 365 Admin, MS O365 Suite, and a good understanding of AD/AAD/DHCP/DNS/Group Policy
A full UK driving licence is essential. And all roles are offered subject to security screening, DBS and PNC checks
- Opportunity to buy/sell up to an additional 5 days holiday
- Salary Exchange Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme including mental health support, legal, financial advice and access to own Mental Health First Aid team
- Access to 24/7 GP helpline and online GP surgery
- Access to discounts from 1000s of retailers through PERKS
- Personal accident protection
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Long Service Awards
- Voluntary critical illness cover for yourself and partner
GB Sales are your specialist recruiters in Sales and Customer Service.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Sales, Customer Service, and Business Development.
We manage Sales jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.