IT Support Technician
£22,000 – £26,000
A leading manufacturing based business has recently moved to new purpose built premises and are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician. The IT Support Technician will provide the smooth and ongoing day to day first and second line support function for the running of all local IT services in all Group Offices as well as remote workers. Support to include new and legacy business systems; and provide support to users on our cloud remote desktop solution.
- Resolution of all local and cloud 1st and 2nd line incidents via email or telephone.
- Working relationships with all departments and functions within the business as well as with third parties
- Main contact for resolution and recording of all 1st and 2nd, line hardware and software issues, relating to Incident & Problem management
- Liaising with third parties, Internal customers and support contacts to resolve issues not resolved internally
- Escalation and management of issues not resolved to external third parties
- Ordering and specification of local IT equipment
- Installation, upgrades, configuration & movement of local IT services (Hardware & Software)
- Extracting information for reporting procedures
- Responsible for local servers being backed up
- Responsible for maintaining legacy Linux servers
- Support of internal telecommunications systems
- Support for Mobile phones and Smart Devices
Technologies / key experience:
- Desktop – Windows 7,8,10
- MS Office 2010,2016
- MS Outlook 2010,2016
- PC’s / Laptops installation experience
- Apple Mac, OSX and Software
- Remote Support
- Antivirus Software
- Backup Software and Routines
- General cabling & network experience
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.