£40,000 – £45,000
An award-winning PR Agency is looking for an experienced Account Director to join their Cheltenham-based team. As the Account Director, you’ll have direct responsibility for developing talent across the team.
You will be an accomplished Account Director, directing and delivering every aspect of the account, constantly on the lookout for possible threats, and/or opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a communications agency who have an excellent reputation, adding value to campaigns, and delivering a high-impact service to its customers.
- Constantly seek new ways in which communications can enhance your clients’ project or business and identify new issues which may be emerging, and new audiences which may need to be addressed
- Responsible for developing a close and consultative role with the client, advising on critical issues, and getting underneath the ‘skin’ of the organisation or project to ensure campaign objectives are always a close fit with the company’s business
- Within the company, the Account Director assumes responsibility not only for the development of existing programmes but for new campaigns in support of new business, either for existing or new clients
- Work closely with the team to ensure accounts are profitable while delivering against agreed objectives
- Direct the operation of client accounts and manage the requirements of the people that work on them
- The Account Director is responsible to their Director for the overall profitability of accounts
- Conduct interviews with new staff as well as appraisals with direct reports
- Take ownership of monthly forecasting by anticipating budgetary changes
- An experienced PR professional, with demonstrable business achievements
- An in-depth commercial understanding of the role communications plays in driving business growth
- Clearly understand how clients are positioned within their markets
- A detailed understanding of the consenting process, including both the TCPA and DCO regimes
- A thorough understanding of political structures at local, regional and national level
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and effectively manage and up-skill an account team
- Implement agency policies and maintain the quality standards and service levels that reflect the agency ethos
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Full private healthcare cover through BUPA (option to cover partner/family at employee’s expense)
- Canada Life “WeCare” employee support (24/7 virtual health and wellbeing service)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Life insurance (4 x salary)
- Opportunity to work towards profit based bonus scheme
- Salary sacrifice scheme for electrical vehicle leasing
- Salary sacrifice scheme for bike purchase
- Personalised training and development programme
- Hybrid working approach
- Fully expensed mobile phone
- Pizza Thursdays, company away days and team drinks / lunches
GB Marketing is your specialist in Marketing and Agency recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including PR, Ecommerce, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Creative Marketing and Communications.
We manage Marketing jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.