Finance Assistant (JO715)
£30,000 – £35,000
We are working with a highly successful, global, manufacturing company, that is seeking a Finance Assistant on a full-time, permanent basis.
As the Finance Assistant, you will need to be enthusiastic and organised, as you help facilitate the smooth running of the business. This is a varied role, encompassing traditional accounting functions, as well as administrative duties.
This fast-growing business offers fantastic career progression and professional development. So, if you are a Finance Assistant, looking to excel in your career, then this is the role for you!
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Employee benefits site
- Pension package
- Health and wellbeing
- Sociable place to work
- Collaborating closely with the Group Management Accountant to execute finance responsibilities as a cohesive team.
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of sales and purchase ledgers.
- Handling payroll tasks and Real-Time Information (RTI) reporting for a small monthly payroll.
- Performing daily bank reconciliations across various currencies.
- Preparing bank payments for third-party and intercompany transactions.
- Managing VAT accounting and reporting requirements.
- Conducting credit control activities and maintaining communication with customers.
- Managing various finance administrative tasks, such as processing staff expenses.
- Partnering with Sales, Production, and Management teams to support various functions, including:
Assisting in the order fulfilment process to ensure accurate administration and customer satisfaction while supporting effective credit control.
Maintaining accurate stock accounting to ensure the integrity of our accounts.
- Highly numerate with previous credit control experience (or a willingness to learn in this area)
- Ideally AAT Level 4 Diploma qualified, or equivalent work experience
- A strong degree of accuracy is essential, with an eye for detail
- Flexible approach to work, with the ability to multi-task
- A self-starter with a confident, organised, and methodical approach
- Microsoft Office experience is essential
- Previous experience in Sage 200 or similar ERP systems would be ideal
- Own transport is essential