£22,000 – £24,000
Gloucester / Hybrid (after training complete)
A leading manufacturing business has an opening in its head office for an Accounts Clerk (Payables), acting as the first point of contact for suppliers and colleagues across the globe.
The accounts payable team receives a high volume of queries from Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, mainly by email, which need to be dealt with in a courteous and timely manner. On occasions, queries may need to be escalated to the correct team.
The Accounts Clerk will maintain invoice and other transaction records, working directly with suppliers and internal colleagues on statements, past due balances, and discrepancies.
Training will be provided and there are opportunities to grow within this large company.
- Flexible / Hybrid working
- Life insurance
- Pension package
- Time off for charity work
- Learning & development opportunities
- Answer all emails within agreed service levels
- Provide a friendly, polite and accurate email response in English
- Check invoice and payment details
- Work directly with suppliers and colleagues to clear old balances
- Maintain the query management system and follow escalation procedures
- Previous accounts, customer service, or helpdesk experience
- Customer focused
- A quick learner, with the ability to work in a team and independently
- Excellent numeracy skills, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Any additional languages would be extremely beneficial but not essential
Flexible hybrid working option, working 2-3 days per week from the office and/or home. Initially you’ll be in the office for training purposes, so proximity to Gloucester is desirable.
General working hours 37 hours per week in total.
GB Finance are your specialists in Finance recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance, Accounting and Investment and Wealth.
We manage Finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.