Assistant Management Accountant
Are you ready to play a pivotal role in the financial operations of our cherished client? Look no further!
We are thrilled to partner with our client based in Gloucester and assist in finding a talented and passionate Assistant Management Accountant like you. This is an incredible opportunity to excel in your career while working with a client that is adored by both their team and candidates alike.
As an Assistant Management Accountant, you will have the chance to expand your skills, work on exciting projects, and contribute to the success of our client.
Take the leap and unleash your potential!
- Collaborate with the Management Accountant to prepare accurate and timely management accounts and reports
- Assist with payment runs and manage the purchase ledger
- Ensure the order book is accurately reconciled and submitted within reporting deadlines
- Maintain and update the fixed assets register including monthly depreciation postings and balance reconciliation
- Handle bank account reconciliations for foreign offices, posting accruals, prepayments, and reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly VAT returns, reconcile VAT control accounts, and submit VAT returns
- Provide support and preparation for annual audits
- Hold an AAT Level 4 qualification or equivalent, with a preference for candidates with an engineering/manufacturing background
- Possess a strong understanding of financial and accounting principles and reporting
- Demonstrate excellent Excel skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Packages and ideally familiar with an ERP system
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme employee contribution: 5%, employer 7%
- Life Assurance x 3 salary
- EAP programme
- Employee referral scheme
- Early finish on a Friday at either 1:00pm/ 1:30pm
GB Finance are your specialists in Finance recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance, Accounting and Investment and Wealth.
We manage Finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.