Mechanical Design Engineer
£40,000 – £45,000
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Mechanical Design Engineer to join a key client located in Gloucester.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of standard and specialised machines and tooling.
Your role will involve taking the technical lead on specific projects, providing technical support to various departments, and coaching and supporting other Mechanical Design Engineers.
- Perform detailed mechanical designs, including 3D modeling, prototyping, and verification testing
- Ensure designs fully comply with machine specifications, safety regulations, and CE compliance
- Present and prepare mechanical designs at design reviews and generate minutes if required
- Identify and highlight mechanical and technical risks to the Engineering Manager and Team Managers
- Create 2D drawings for manufacturing or purchasing, as well as customer sign-off drawings for new orders
- Generate assembly drawings and bills of materials, and report progress to the Engineering Manager
- Produce technical reports and documentation for customers and development projects
- Develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, customers, and suppliers to ensure the best outcomes for the company
- Proven ability to understand and produce technical drawings
- Ability to collaborate with other discipline Engineers (electrical, pneumatics, and software) to create multidisciplinary design solutions
- Excellent reporting skills regarding mechanical design status and ability to respond to related queries
- Effective communication skills with other employees and external clients at all levels
- Proficient in Solidworks and other relevant IT tools
- Good team player with effective problem-solving capabilities
- Committed to professional development
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
This role does require an in-date passport with the flexibility to travel internationally for occasional customer visits.
- Group life assurance scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Employee incentive plan
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme up to 6% employer contribution with length of service
GB Commerce are your specialist recruiters in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Facilities.
We hire across a vast range of roles across Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.