We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Design Engineer to join a key client located in Gloucester.
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of standard and specialised machines and tooling.
Your role will involve taking the technical lead on specific projects, providing technical support to various departments, and coaching and supporting other Mechanical Engineers.
- Perform detailed mechanical designs, including 3D modeling, prototyping, and verification testing
- Ensure designs fully comply with machine specifications, safety regulations, and CE compliance
- Present and prepare mechanical designs at design reviews and generate minutes if required
- Identify and highlight mechanical and technical risks to the Engineering Manager and Team Managers
- Create 2D drawings for manufacturing or purchasing, as well as customer sign-off drawings for new orders
- Generate assembly drawings and bills of materials, and report progress to the Engineering Manager
- Produce technical reports and documentation for customers and development projects
- Develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, customers, and suppliers to ensure the best outcomes for the company
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field would be beneficial
- Must have relevant experience in mechanical design for industrial machinery or equipment
- Proven experience in 3D modelling, prototyping, and design verification testing
- Familiarity with safety regulations, CE compliance, and mechanical component selection
- Experience with design management and leading design projects
- Strong proficiency in Solidworks and other design software
- An in-date passport with the ability to travel internationally for occasional customer visits
- Group life assurance scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Employee incentive plan
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme up to 6% employer contribution with length of service
GB Commerce are your specialist recruiters in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Facilities.
We hire across a vast range of roles across Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.