£25,000 – £30,000 + OT & site allowances
Hybrid (when not onsite) / Gloucester
A key engineering and manufacturing client is looking for a dynamic, Graduate Site Engineer, with a degree preferably in Civil/Structural Engineering, to join their team based in Gloucester.
The role of Graduate Site Engineer is offered on a hybrid basis (2-3 days home/office split when not onsite).
As a Graduate Site Engineer, you will assist in the running of projects across rail, highways, telecoms, and nuclear industries.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate in Engineering, who is looking for on-the-job training, with exciting career development opportunities.
Once trained you will:
- Oversee, and guide the setup, enhancement, and disassembly of diverse steel structures, encompassing telecoms and radar towers
- Collaborate with the project management team to organise installations, secure equipment and machinery, oversee traffic flow, establish method statements, and more
- Formulate lifting strategies, Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS), and installation schedules
- Conduct comprehensive surveys for accessibility, installation, and climbing, and participate in pre-commencement meetings
- Implement layout and placement of screw piles, frameworks, and platforms
- Execute elevated work on telecoms structures, which include poles, towers, and masts, while prioritising safety. (Must be ok with heights)
- Foster an environment of continuous enhancement, and communicate construction and installation hurdles to the design teams
- Engineering Degree – Civil/Structural preferred
- Strong organisational and communication skills, both written & verbal
- Willingness for outdoor work and travel (UK & overseas)
- Solid grasp of technical concepts, and good attention to detail
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Open and flexible, with a good attitude
- A valid full drivers licence
- An agreed training plan, gaining qualifications such as; CSCS/CPCS, IOSH, SSSTS/SMSTS, MEWP Operator, Crane Appointed Person, Climbing & Tower Rescue, Rooftop, RF Awareness
- Career development opportunities, with exposure to all aspects of a project.
- Hybrid working (2-3 days home/office split when not on site)
GB Commerce are your specialist recruiters in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Facilities.
We hire across a vast range of roles across Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.