Are you ready to take a step forward in your career as a Group Assistant Accountant for our client based in Gloucester?
This role isn’t just about numbers; it’s your ticket to becoming a key player in the Finance Management Team, where you’ll drive financial excellence, unravel complex challenges, and make a tangible impact on our client’s success.
As a Group Assistant Accountant, you’ll be the go-to problem-solver, diving into the heart of financial operations. From month-end to reconciliation, your expertise will ensure our client’s financial ship sails smoothly.
- Salary Exchange Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Insurance- 4 times annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to 24/7 GP helpline and online GP surgery
- Access to discounts from 1000s of retailers through PERKS
- Personal accident protection
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Voluntary critical illness cover for yourself and partner
- Assist with month-end activities, including the review of inter-company trading and monthly reconciliations
- Support the preparation and submission of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, along with analysis and schedules
- Analyse and post credit card transactions
- Conduct ledger analysis, including full account reconciliations
- Continuously assess financial controls and implement improvements for more efficient operations (continuous improvement)
- Act as backup for Payroll, covering both annual and sick leave
- Support the wider finance team when possible
- Handle legislative reporting, including VAT returns both foreign & domestic
- Prepare and review proposed supplier payments
- Excellent communication skills, including preparing and delivering presentations
- Strong knowledge of MS products, especially Excel and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and analytical thinking with a track record of delivering action plans to resolve issues and disputes
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and demonstrate initiative
- Experience in accounts payable & sales ledger functions
GB Finance are your specialists in Finance recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance, Accounting and Investment and Wealth.
We manage Finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.