We are working with a global wholesaler and distributor who have seen brilliant growth over the past couple of years resulting in the expansion of various departments. Due to their continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join their team at their state-of-the-art offices in Tewkesbury.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and contributions are valued. You’ll have an opportunity to explore all areas of accounts which will offer variety and a chance for you to develop your skillset. Join their friendly team and be part of their ongoing success in the industry.
- Opportunities for career progression
- Generous holiday allowance
- Early Friday finishes
- Team-building events
- Managing customer and supplier accounts, including creating and updating them
- Reviewing invoices for accuracy before raising them
- Calculating VAT on purchases
- Tracking upcoming payments to suppliers
- Assisting with bank reconciliation
- Handling credit card processing
- Managing credit control processes
- Resolving purchase discrepancies
- Updating financial spreadsheets
- Updating company databases with new supplier and customer details
- Providing coverage for the finance team during holidays
- Offering support for general administrative tasks
- Experience as a general Accounts Assistant
- Proficiency in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and credit control
- Strong IT skills, especially in Excel
- Excellent administration skills
- Effective negotiation and communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A proactive attitude and ability to work under pressure
GB Finance are your specialists in Finance recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance, Accounting and Investment and Wealth.
We manage Finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.