2nd Line Service Desk Engineer
£26,000 – £32,000
A leading IT hardware business is looking to recruit a 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer to provide excellent customer service and resolutions to customers who log incidents in line with service level agreements.
The 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer will help manage the service desk team, carrying out a detailed analysis of the business, team, and individual performance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established IT solutions business, that focuses on the end-to-end service they deliver to their clients.
- Deliver 2nd line support for incoming service requests through the utilisation of the help desk ticketing system
- Contribute to the formulation and upkeep of procedures and policies within the IT department
- Take responsibility for resolving support requests, ensuring their timely resolution
- Offer guidance and mentorship to 1st and other 2nd line support Engineers
- Serve as the initial point of contact for incoming telephone calls, tickets, and emails, handling both first-level assistance and escalating issues when necessary
- Accurately record and update tickets with the essential information related to support requests
- Perform daily management and maintenance of the endpoint monitoring platform
- Log support tickets for all identified issues, encompassing both 24/7 and daily checks
- Experience working in an IT support environment covering a number of different technical areas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- At least 1 formal IT qualification at entry level or above
- Comfortable working within a team or on own initiative
- Excellent working knowledge of windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Excellent working knowledge of windows 7/8/10
- Good working knowledge of major networking components, networking operating systems and basic configuration and maintenance
- Willing to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment
- Exchange server 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/365 implementation experience
- On-call allowance
- Healthcare plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.