Events Manager (JO987)
Cheltenham (Hybrid max 1 day a week to be discussed)
Our client helps sustain venues across Cheltenham, supporting the local economy, and improving the local community. They deliver a wide variety of services and activities and have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Events Manager to join them.
The Senior Events Manager will deputise to the Head of Events as well as oversee the day-to-day running of events delivery. As the Senior Events Manager, you will be an excellent communicator with meticulous attention to detail and be able to manage budgets and cost control.
- 22 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Fantastic employee leisure membership discounts
- Staff discount
- Act as a deputy for the Head of Events
- Oversee the day-to-day running of event delivery
- Own the process of an event from set up to close
- Budget control and cost management
- Stakeholder management
- Create and manage timelines for events
- Monitor event progress adjusting plans where necessary
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- HR Management including monthly 1 to 1s, performance reviews, setting KPIs, holiday planning
- Must be available to work 5 days out of 7, weekends and late nights as required
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Calm under pressure, with the ability to multi-task
- A team player, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem solver
- Understanding of budgets and cost control
- Able to think on your feet, with a can-do attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent IT Skills across the full MS Suite
GB Marketing is your specialist in Marketing and Agency recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including PR, Ecommerce, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Creative Marketing and Communications.
We manage Marketing jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.