Junior Front-End Developer – Gloucestershire
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
A fast-growing web development agency based in Gloucestershire is currently looking to expand their in-house talent to match client demand.
We are looking for a talented and dynamic front-end developer to help build fully optimised and visually stunning websites for forward-thinking brands in a diverse range of businesses. Someone who really cares about the client journey and final result, not just getting the job finished on time.
What are we looking for?
- Someone who can take designs and build HTML, CSS and JS without compromise
- A keen problem solver, who can come up with creative answers for the client’s needs
- Someone passionate about front-end with a focus on performance and standards
- A person with their own opinions and ideas about front-end and passionate about sharing those ideas
- Someone who understands design concepts, typography, and delivering beautiful projects
- The ability to deliver projects that adhere to brand and design guidelines
- Excellent aesthetic and user-focused mindset with an eye for detail
- A good awareness of industry trends that can help the company produce better work
- Ability to communicate with clients
- A good understanding of usability and design patterns
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Git/Version Control
- Ability to work confidently within terminal
Additional Desired Skills
- PHP or Experience with WordPress
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience interacting with databases
- Experience with API’s and the RESTful approach
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
What you’ll be doing
- Building professional front-end websites for a wide range of businesses
- Working with designers and developers, building prototypes and communicating directly with clients about your ideas
- Creating and translating wireframes or high-fidelity designs into fully functional sites that are best in industry
- Collaborating and share ideas with the rest of the design and development team
So why work here?
You will be joining a hardworking bunch, young but a fast growing digital agency who believes their employees are at the heart of every success they have. Therefore, it’s the company’s continued objective to ensure talent and growth are encouraged so you can continue to grow with them. You’ll be working with market leaders in the digital realm within a continually expanding team.
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Pension scheme
- Brand new Mac
- Free parking
- Coffee/Expresso machine
- Flexible working hours (within reason)
- Study support available
- Social events
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.