LAMP Stack Developer – Bristol
GB Technology is working in partnership with a Bristol based company who are looking for a new LAMP Stack Developer to join its rapidly expanding team.
The successful applicants will be responsible for developing bespoke solutions for a number of clients, as well as providing support to their existing code base.
- Ensuring all development work meets the customer expectations
- Write and execute functional tests prior to handing over any work for QA
- Collaborate with QA in writing test plans
- Efficiently analyse and debug code written by others or self
- Decide on the best technologies and languages used for the project
- Pro-actively stay up to date with new trends and advancements in web development
- Support and guide Junior Developers day-to-day tasks
- Able to design solutions to meet client requirements
- 5+ years’ experience of PHP and/or MySQL
- Demonstrates a good understanding of Unix at a minimum of user-level
- Understanding of SVN and Git version control
- Ability and confidence to produce high-quality, well documented code
- Strong understanding of ecommerce websites is essential
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.