Salary commensurate with responsibility
Our client is an established construction business, with growing interests across residential and commercial property development, contracting and civils, plant hire, farming, forestry, strategic land and leisure.
In line with the businesses 2019 growth plans we are recruiting a Land and Planning Manager for their New Homes division. Ideally you will be an experienced Land Buyer with a track record working for a residential developer. You will be a consummate team player accustomed to co-ordinating all aspects of land and planning functions.
- Identify and appraise new land opportunities and JV opportunities for development
- Propose acquisition strategies with strong commercial acumen and present development opportunities to senior colleagues for approval
- Formulate and manage offers, co-ordinate investigations, negotiate with local authorities, agents and lawyers
- Procure technical, legal and development information to instruct internal and external parties to appraise site opportunities and constraints
- Lead proposals from inception to consent
- Work closely with all departments and external consultants, monitoring site progress through to consent
- Negotiate legal agreements, including JV’s, with lawyers and third parties
- Implement all internal procedures including providing accurate and articulate reports in line with governance/procedural requirements
- Ideally educated to degree standard or equivalent with suitable residential experience
- Commercially astute and credible in a highly competitive market
- Skilled in appraising land opportunities and producing cogent financial proposals
- Understand the residential planning environment
- Led projects through the planning process
- Persuasive and strong negotiation skills
- Computer literate and able to use Excel, Word and PowerPoint to a good standard
- Membership of a professional body such as RICS would be a distinct advantage
- A thorough knowledge of the planning process and planning law within the UK
- Competitive salary and car allowance
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Healthcare
If you require any further information please contact Sue Waters on 01452 429905
GB Marketing is your specialist in Marketing and Agency recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including PR, Ecommerce, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Creative Marketing and communications.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage marketing jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.