West Midlands Region – Coleshill
Salary – £60,000
GB Sales & Services is working in partnership with a national construction company who are currently recruiting for a Land Manager. The Land Manager must have the ability to identify, negotiate and acquire land suitable for the profitable development of the Company’s business.
The successful candidate will be able to manage the land owned or the land under within your area of operation. You will be an active member of the Regional Land Team ensuring maximum profitability of the sites within the area.
- Identify sites suitable for Housing Association development
- Negotiate the purchase of land directly with agents and/or owners
- To monitor the Development Plans to identify possible future development sites for purchase
- Prepare monthly report outlining progress in identification and negotiation of land
- Liaise with and keep the Associate Land Director informed of all negotiations prior offer and final agreement
- Project manage the process from offer accepted to exchange of contracts and, if necessary, to secure completion of the land acquisition
- Instigate technical investigations to ensure the land can be developed
- Ensure that planning permission is obtained in a timely manner
- Prepare a financial viability for Board approval the purchase of the land
- Provide a full market appraisal including competitors sites
- Organise a pre-contract report and meeting with the Land Director prior to exchange of contracts
- Provide full information pack to perspective purchasers
- Instruct/assist the Legal Team in the preparation of the Sale Agreement
- On completion of the sale prepare a summary sheet with dates of all contractual items to be completed.
- Demonstrable track record of buying land in the area of employment
- A good understanding of legal obligations
- Proven list of contacts in the area of employment
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of planning authorities
- Strong mathematic and IT ability
- Ability to assess and analyse information
- In depth understanding of budget management
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to a high level of accuracy
- Decision maker with pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Able to influence and persuade others
- A self-starter capable of creating and maintaining momentum in projects
- Car allowance (£6,500)
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
Your consultant on this role will be Lea Williams
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.