Legal Cashier – 12 month FTC
Our client is one of Cheltenham’s leading law firms and they are experience a period of real growth. They are looking for an experienced Legal Cashier to join them for a 12 month maternity contract to help them in this busy and exciting period.
The business is both professional and passionate about customer service and they are looking for candidates who share their values.
- posting debits, credits and bills using a solicitors accounting software package
- cheque printing
- checking client ID details for money laundering purposes
- checking bills and completion statements
- inputting same day and three-day electronic payments
- interest calculations
- taking payments by debit/credit card
- filing and general clerical duties.
- Experience of working in an accounts department.
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of numeracy
- Tidy and efficient record keeping
- Good telephone manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (the job involves some direct dealings with clients)
- Strong IT skills.
- Similar experience of working in a legal environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of the SRA accounts rules
- Experience of using SOS Practice Manager or other legal accounting software.
GB HR + Legal is your specialist in HR, Legal and Office recruitment. Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage office jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.