.Net Software Engineer – Bristol
Salary £25,000 – £35,000
GB Technology are pleased to be working in partnership with a bespoke software solutions company in Bristol.
They are actively searching for a .Net Software Engineer in Bristol.
As the .Net Software Engineer you will be part of the design, development, deployment, maintenance and implementation stages of client projects in collaboration with Technical and Delivery Teams.
You will make sure that projects are delivered in line with the client vision, on time and within the parameters set by the Delivery Team.
You will be able to work in a professional, collaborative and innovative way that builds on the great culture and working environment that the company has built.
- Deliver projects, packages of work and individual tasks to agreed deadlines
- Collaborate with the Technical and Delivery Teams to meet project delivery goals and milestones
- Provide realistic estimates to the Delivery Teams taking into account possible delays, risks and assumptions as well as appropriate breathing space so that the quality of work is of an acceptable standard
- Maintain appropriate levels of timesheet coverage so that the Delivery Teams can report billable work, manage client relationships, project timelines and budget spend accurately and correctly
- Communicate with the Delivery Team to regularly update any changes, delays or issues with a project task or work package; this includes attending regular stand ups, calls or team meetings as needed
- Demonstrate an good understanding of client needs by contributing to technical discussions regarding realistic and achievable timescales, risks and budgets
- Utilise all resources effectively to make sure that no duplication of work or code happens and it works efficiently
- Make sure that code is scalable and future proof in such a way that it is easy to extend, understand and build on
- Create specification documents by providing accurate technical information and supported research findings
- Document complex bodies of work to share with the Technical Team so others can diagnose potential problems with easier
- Make sure that all work either extends or improves the current functionality and preserves the client experience, with no negative impact on the existing system
- Use relevant tools and languages to create functional interfaces based on design specification documents
- Develop technical skills and keep awareness of developments in the industry to support delivering what we do well and stay competitive in the market
- Help develop and define processes and procedures to improve working practices
- Any other responsibilities as may reasonably be required in your role
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in .net development, preferably as part of a team working on a variety of complex projects
- Ability to evidence the successful liaison with clients in scoping the delivery of projects
- A provable track record of delivering projects on time and within scope
- Demonstrable experience of working on mission-critical projects under strict time and budget constraints
- Detailed knowledge of relevant technology and languages; with the ability to improve and adapt
- Knowledge and experience of version control systems
- Ability and drive to develop skill sets in other areas of development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platforms and services
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.