Payments Clerk – Cheltenham – full-time permanent
Salary – £20,000 plus 26 days holiday, free lunches, pension, company bonus scheme
We are pleased to be working with this national construction client and their South West Region who are seeking Payment Clerks to join the team in Cheltenham.
You will be responsible for carrying out the processing of payments and ensuring that all payments comply with the relevant orders.
The working hours for this role will be Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30pm with an hour for lunch.
- Data entry of invoices onto the in-house system in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all payments are covered by an official order and that details of applications accord with such orders
- Maintain reconciliation reports with suppliers
- Process in-coming post, prioritizing urgent matters where appropriate
- Handle telephone enquiries concerning payments
- Maintain an accurate and efficient filing and archive system
- Photocopying, as required
- Create list of cost reserves for CV model as required
Key skills required:
- 1-2 years of working in a similar environment
- Payments Clerk or relevant Financial experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great communication both written and verbal
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Confident with various IT systems
- Methodical and efficient
Your consultant on this role will be Danielle Young
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.