Payroll Manager / Analyst
We are delighted to be representing a long-standing client who is looking for a Payroll Analyst to join their Finance team on a permanent and full-time basis.
The successful Payroll Analyst will support the Payroll Manager, ensuring processes are followed according to company guidelines. You will be responsible for maintaining close working relationships with internal departments, as well as external providers. The role of Payroll Analyst is varied, involving processing, coaching colleagues and maintaining the payroll and expenses system.
To be considered for the position of Payroll Analyst you must have solid experience in a similar role and have the relevant system experience.
Responsibilities of Payroll Analyst:
- Processing payroll and expenses
- Ensuring documents retained in line with Audit, HMRC and Data protection guidelines
- Coordinating and collecting payroll source documents and ensuring authorisation
- Ensuring proper distribution of expenses, payroll and payslips
- Liaising with third party providers, including payroll providers
- Plan and develop procedures
- Coaching junior staff members
- Ensuring full compliance according to government guidelines and company policies
- To ensure that all payroll systems satisfy the Company’s internal and external reporting and audit requirements. External reporting requirements which include P11d’s, P46, P60, PSA etc.
- To provide timely and accurate responses to appropriate requests for payroll and expenses information or reports.
- To provide and enforce all payroll controls including Payroll balance sheet reconciliations and clearing of expense corporate card vendors required to eliminate erroneous and fictitious or excessive payments throughout the payroll system
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of payroll and use of ADP Freedom or ADP iHCM Payroll software
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of concepts, best practise and procedures within the industry
- Outstanding organisational skills and a pro-active approach
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ideally you will already be studying towards a payroll management or accounting qualification
GB Finance is your specialist in Accountancy and Financial Services recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance & Risk, Investment & Wealth and Accounting & Finance.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.