One of the region’s most respected accountancy practices is looking for a Payroll Technician. The successful candidate will support the team with the production of payrolls for a diverse group of clients across variety of pay frequencies.
- Processing Payroll from client information
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients, liaising on payroll and associated queries
- Providing a support service to other departments in the business on client payroll and PAYE matters
- Data handling for clients and preparing reports and documentation
- Maintaining accurate and concise record systems
- Providing administrative support to the payroll team
- Dealing with ad hoc queries
- Managing internal relationships and dealing with 3rd party queries (HMRC etc)
- Excellent time management and customer service skills
- At least 3 years experience in PAYE and other payroll processes, including RTI and Auto Enrolment
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a positive attitude
- Accurate and methodical with a keen eye for detail
- Flexible – must be able to manage a number of tasks at the same time yet remain focused to complete projects effectively and on time
- Excellent communication skills with a particular emphasis on telephone manner
- Personal effectiveness (i.e. adaptability, desire, energy, integrity, resilience, solving problems and team work)
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Dedicated to further payroll skills through formal training
- Knowledge of STAR desirable but not essential
GB Finance are your specialists in Finance recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance, Accounting and Investment and Wealth.
We manage Finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.