Our Award-winning, friendly and sociable client are looking for a PHP Developer to join their growing team. You will be responsible for developing bespoke solutions for a number of clients and ensure all development work meets the customer expectations.
- Write and execute functional tests prior to handing over any work for QA
- Collaborate with QA in writing test plans
- Promptly record development time
- Efficiently analyse and debug code written by others or self
- Promptly follow work schedule
- Decide on the best technologies and languages used for the project
- Liaise with Project Managers
- Pro-actively stay up to date with new trends and advancements in web development
- Identify, report and resolve problems uncovered by QA Testing or client feedback
- Support and guide Junior Developers day-to-day tasks
- Able to design solutions to meet client requirements
- Regularly report to Development Manager or Development Director
- Knowledge of PHP & Open Source platform (formerly Community and Enterprise Edition)
- 5+ years’ experience of PHP and/or MySQL
- Demonstrates a good understanding of Unix at a minimum of user-level
- Understanding of SVN and Git version control
- Ability and confidence to produce high-quality, well documented code
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of online websites is essential
- An understanding of web and database programming skills
- Ability to use design and general office applications
If you require any further information please contact Joe Lyons on 01452 429908
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.