PR and Communications
2-3 month contract
We are looking for a PR and marketing professional to work on the communications programme for one of our key clients. This is a short-term contract, lasting 2-3 months and the role is primarily to raise the profile of the group in its reach to its current and new audiences.
- Respond to enquiries and requests from the media, stakeholders and public
- Find and develop stories which help deliver on strategic objectives and strengthen the brand and audience reach
- Develop strategic messages to target audiences in order to help achieve objectives as set out in the corporate vision and strategy
- Develop and maintain a strong and diverse network of contacts within the media
- Produce press releases, statements, and pitches to media in order to attract coverage to help the overall strategic objectives
- Source and work with colleagues to provide supporting materials – video, photos, infographics
- Write for a variety of platforms, including social media, website and supporter communications
- Lead by example as an expert communicator and provide advice and expertise to colleagues
- Provide judgement on reputational risks and opportunities, develop lines to take in conjunction with policy leads, and advise senior managers as required
- Act as spokesperson for written and broadcast media
- Advise and brief colleagues to undertake media interviews
- Work closely with partner organisations to agree and produce joint communications
- Monitor the media for coverage of relevant issues and assist with analysis
- Significant public relations experience, including writing for and dealing with journalists
- Understanding of current environmental issues and media structures
- Experience of maintaining and developing networks of contacts
If you require any further information please contact Sue Waters on 01452 429905
GB Marketing is your specialist in Marketing and Agency recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including PR, Ecommerce, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Creative Marketing and communications.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage marketing jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.