Private Client Solicitor – Wills and Probate
This opportunity is with a regional group of solicitors working on Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts, and capacity issues including deputyship. Advice on contested Lasting Powers of Attorney and contested deputyships. Specialties include Court of Protection, capacity, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Wills. Contentious Probate. Disputes and to assist in the co-ordination of the team’s activities and achievement of its business objectives
- Initial consultations and client triage where required;
- Preparation of Wills, advice on Trusts, capacity, Inheritance Tax
- Advising on Lasting Powers of Attorney, dealing with applications and registrations
- Advising with respect to Trusts and preparation of appropriate Trust Documents
- Advising and liaising with clients on contentious probate matters; deputyships
- Ongoing case and client relationship management;
- To work within a team to develop the department
- Mediation and Negotiation on contested matters;
- Networking and business development for contentious work flows;
- Reviewing and managing WIP and client financing in relation to ongoing matters;
- To achieve fees to meet monthly and year end targets;
The job will require someone who has a proven record of accomplishment in organising their own personal workload and responsibilities; the ability to determine priorities and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate is likely to be 2 years+ PQE (or equivalent) and have experience of using multiple systems, collating and analysing data as well as exemplary administration skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Pro-active with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- High level of attention to detail and an enquiring mind.
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines aremet.
- The ability to understand clear and concise instructions.
- A keen team member, with the ability to accept responsibility and work on their own initiative.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
GB HR + Legal is your specialist in HR, Legal and Office recruitment.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage office jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.