Production Editor – Publishing – Stroud
Salary £20,000 – £23,000
We are working exclusively with a Gloucestershire based publisher whose offices are within easy reach of the M5
The role is focussed on managing a challenging list of Academic book production projects, controlling production from manuscript to supply of final files. You will be working in small team and supporting members with editorial and project management tasks.
Specifically this requires you to:
- Liaise with the authors, customers and suppliers
- Manage the schedule and budget for each title, working to scale prices and strict deadlines
- Engage the services of freelance copy-editors, indexers and proof-readers
- Monitor supplier performance and provide feedback
- Collate corrections from authors and proof-readers, process queries and check revised proofs
- Supply final files on time
- Help maintain up-to-date and accurate workflow documentation and identify opportunities for workflow improvement
- Attend regular production meetings
While the role is a project manager role, a basic understanding of the book production process is desirable. In essence you will be a project manager who can manage multiple projects in line with controlling and demanding schedules.
It goes without saying that you show excellent attention to detail and a keen feel for the written word. It would be a real plus to have an understanding of the commercial demands on publishers and publishing services suppliers. An understanding of the basics of XML would therefore be desirable.
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.