Purchase Ledger Clerk
Forest of Dean – Full-time
Salary – Up to £24,000 DOE plus 28 days holiday, pension, private healthcare and free parking
We are pleased to be working with one of the region’s leading and highly respected, privately owned groups. This dynamic and award-winning family run business are looking to expand their team and welcome a Purchase Ledger to their offices in the Forest of Dean.
Working in a small, close knit accounts team in modern offices you will cover core ledger tasks and ensure purchase ledger processing is performed promptly and accurately.
- Accurate matching of purchase invoices with delivery notes/good received notes and orders
- Entering invoices into in-house system accurately, ensuring correct coding and VAT analysis
- Reconciling all supplier statements as received and following up all differences, with the supplier or internally, as required
- Managing the ledger mailbox
- Analysing data on machines and vehicles from timesheets
- Prepare weekly and month-end bank reconciliations for all companies
- Posting cash book transactions to the electronic ledger as required, ensuring correct coding and VAT analysis
- Undertake additional tasks as required
- Previous Purchase Ledger, Accounts or Financial Administration
- Ideally a knowledge of CIS but not essential
- Ability to work diligently and accurately with a keen eye for detail
- Work to regular deadlines and get tasks completed fully and on time
- Confident to communicate with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Willingness to take on new tasks and learn
- Confident with Excel and Accounting systems
Working hours will be Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:30 with 1/2hr lunch.
If you require any further information please contact Danielle Young on 01452 429902
GB Finance is your specialist in Accountancy and Financial Services recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance & Risk, Investment & Wealth and Accounting & Finance.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.