£21,000 – £22,000
A well-established client in Cheltenham is looking for a Purchasing Executive to join them on a full-time basis. This is to start ASAP!
Key Responsibilities of a Purchasing Executive:
- Ensure that existing and new supplier contracts are successfully negotiated and available for sale
- Increase the purchasing power of the client throughout Europe
- Leverage buying power at hotels belonging to chains through strategic negotiations with European or world-wide head-offices
- Negotiate the lowest rates available, with the best possible terms
- Ensure that supplier and hotel contracts are completed in the required format and to a high level of detail, accuracy and quality
- Meet internally agreed as well as externally imposed purchasing targets and deadlines
- Constantly seek to widen profit margins through various methods such as secondary buying, added values etc
- Ensure that staff travel requests are dealt with in an appropriate manner
- Provide assistance to the Operations team in resolving queries concerning contract rates and/or terms that may arise during the booking or operation of a tour
- Set up visit by hotel and supplier representatives to meet with Tour Consultants and the Contracting team
- Research, screen and select new suppliers when required
- Ensure all pricing and descriptions are complete and correct following strict guidelines
- Work with suppliers on legal Health & Safety issues to ensure the company is complying with its legal obligations
If you require any further information please contact Alex Caluori on 01452 429901
GB HR + Legal is your specialist in HR, Legal and Office recruitment.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage office jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.