We have an exciting opportunity for a QA Tester to join an international award winning information security consultancy and software house.
As a QA Tester, you’ll possess knowledge and experience in test engineering and its best practices. You’ll also understand the appropriate levels to test at and be able to demonstrate the ability to write high quality tests.
The role requires an understanding of testing web based applications and adhering to proven testing processes. The candidate will also have an understanding of working within an agile team.
Required skills / experience:
- Able to troubleshoot problems and quickly identify the root cause of the problem
- Familiarity with web applications and technologies
- Background in computer science, mathematics or related disciplines
- Understanding of the main QA processes and practices: test plans, regression testing, requirement traceability, as well as general testing techniques: automation, unit testing, integration testing, functional testing, end-to-end testing, acceptance testing, performance testing, web service testing
- Experience reviewing system requirements and providing feedback
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies – Scrum, Kanban
- Good knowledge of all phases of the development lifecycle
- Good understanding of relational databases
Desirable skills / experience:
- Programming experience
- ISTQB certified
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools and processes
- Knowledge of systems integration technologies, including web services and APIs
- Experience on specification by example, gherkin syntax and BDD
Your consultant on this role will be Joe Lyons
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.