This challenging role is with one of the region’s leading event companies, responsible for supporting hundreds of events throughout the UK and Europe every year. You must have experience of working with leading food and drink brands and enjoy working in a fast-paced procurement environment.
You will be focused on maximising margin on product categories, developing supplier relationships and researching new products and services. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to thrive with a high level of autonomy in a fun, supportive team environment.
- A strong understanding of the FMCG market
- Previous experience in a fast-paced procurement/contract management/sourcing/supplier relationship environment
- People management experience
- Strong negotiating skills and excellent communication with all levels of seniority
- Excellent proven influencing skills in managing product costs and income generation
- Used to working to budget and time constraints
- Ability to network and build positive relationships at all levels
- Excellent level of numeracy and financial analysis
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, with a collaborate approach to team working
- An entrepreneurial mind-set
- A creative strategist with excellent organisational abilities
Be in touch with Lucy Dowie for more information – 01452 429909
GB Commerce is your specialist in Commerce recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Procurement, Supply Chain, Contracts, Compliance, Property and more.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage commerce jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients