Our client is looking for an exceptional, experienced Senior Digital Designer to help bolster this close-knit team. Digital design plays a significant role in the business along with a wide variety of offline design solutions. So, a solid knowledge of print is needed, although a predominantly digital-based background is a must.
You will be joining a fast-paced, ever-growing team, so the ability to work in an agile and flexible way is required. Our client needs someone who is ready to hit the ground running, who can balance workload and priorities, often under pressure with tight deadlines. You can flourish and cement your unique creative approach to tackling all deliverables with an ambitious and innovative outlook.
You’re motivated with strong organisational skills, acute attention to detail and you thrive in a busy agency atmosphere. You’re naturally inquisitive and work with the understanding of customer needs and business goals, whether that’s working to a strict deadline, or designing with the customer’s experience at the forefront. And you can strategically think how design decisions will impact job timelines, project costs and development.
With a solid track record of working for established clients, you are able to share your experiences and knowledge to help support other members of the team and drive forward the creative process. Think more overseeing and inspiring rather than managing people. You will be mentored, trained, nurtured and encouraged in exchange for loyalty, honesty and being open to new opportunities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
As the Senior Designer, you’ll help design thought-provoking creative campaigns that span all platforms, drive excitement and engage with brand messaging. As the ideal candidate, your portfolio will reflect your ability to create beautiful designs with flair and passion that span print and digital media. You have strong typography, web design, illustration and animation skills to boot. You’re able to work within brand guidelines to execute and present design work that captivates the viewer. And you can do all this with a humble, yet assured, confidence, whether it’s liaising internally or externally. Being confident in your design decisions and capable of articulating your creative decision-making when needed is a must.
- A strong, positive mindset, who isn’t afraid to make decisions, prioritise and communicate effectively
- A forward thinker who is keen to explore and learn new creative approaches to engage and inspire not just internal teams but also our clients
- A strong affinity with designing for digital, understanding responsive design and how to design for it
- Pursue multiple approaches to design solutions – explore all options in order to arrive at the best outcome
- Be engaging and positive – someone that people naturally gravitate to and want to work with
- Receive constructive feedback and react in a positive, proactive way
- Willingly get stuck in and involved when pitching for new business
- Show ability to adapt and explore different approaches and styles without being too precious
- At least 6 years’ agency/design experience
- An excellent understanding of email best practice, who can, when called upon, educate, implement and improve working methods
- The ability to execute and marry beautiful assets to provide a consistent look and feel across all deliverables, whether web, email, banner, apps or print
- The ability to manage multiple workflows, at times leading design projects from concept, through to initial wireframe, design and delivery to the client
- Knowledge of creating UI kits and pattern libraries
- Proficient across the Adobe CC suite
- Usability and interaction design, including UX and UI. Strong knowledge of Adobe Experience Design, (XD), Invision and protyping apps
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + birthday off
- Discounted membership Cotswold Leisure Centre
- In house therapies – discounted
- Free car parking
- Life cover (death in service)
- Staff socials
- Cycle to work scheme
- Breakfast buffet on Mondays
- Beer fridge Friday
If you require any further information please contact Georgia Bradley on 01452 429904
GB Marketing is your specialist in Marketing and Agency recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including PR, Ecommerce, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Creative Marketing and more.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage marketing jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.