Senior PR & Marketing Account Manager – Gloucestershire
Salary: £30K – £36K
Full time, office based role. UK travel for client meetings and events expected
Are you looking to work within a fast growing, multi-award winning, B2B marketing agency which thrives on achieving outstanding results for their exciting clients.
Situated near the M5 for Bristol, Gloucester, Cheltenham and Bath our clients are based across the UK.
Senior Account Managers (SAM) are expected to oversee 3-6 accounts of varying sizes and complexity, overseeing Account Execs and Account Managers in order to meet needs of a varied portfolio of clients.
4 years’ + PR or Marketing agency experience is essential and B2B PR, digital, marcoms experience and knowledge of the sector is highly desirable. You will also have excellent writing and communication skills, experience in client liaison, be able to lead and manage a team and be confident using social media, as well as having loads of enthusiasm and creative ideas.
You will thrive on good working relationships with clients, managing the workload of your team, media relations and being part of new business pitches. Being organised and managing a number of projects in parallel are vital to this role.
The PR Account Managers, Execs, writers, creatives, researchers, new business developers and support staff are a friendly, hardworking bunch and passionate about their work. The company focus is on team-working and delivering exceptional results for their customers.
- Managing multiple projects, keeping track of deadlines
- Driving the delivery and growth of designated accounts through a team of people
- Planning and budgeting for allocated client accounts including keeping track of internal creatives and/or freelancers
- Maintaining and developing long-term relationships with customers and media
- Writing persuasive press releases, letters, blogs and feature articles (There are professional writers for technical pieces)
- Lobbying editors and placing the editorial we write in print and online media
- Spotting opportunities for campaigns then developing, planning and selling them into customers
- Managing multiple social media accounts and create innovative content
- Briefing and liaising with in-house and creatives/writers/ photographers etc. to ensure on time and accurate delivery of client work
- Network at industry awards/ events, and support customers at exhibitions
You will be:
- Experienced in agency life (minimum 4+ years)
- Have a proved track record of delivery and growth
- Highly organised and calm under pressure
- Literate, numerate and articulate with excellent communication skills
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Able to learn quickly and show initiative
- Able to work in digital, online, social and print media
- Able to travel to customer meetings and industry events as required
- Able to identify new business opportunities with existing clients, and with potential clients
Candidates with experience of: PR Account Manager, Marketing Account Director, Marketing Agency, Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Marketing Account Manager, Account Management, Customer Account Management, Marketing Manager, PR Manager, Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Sales Manager will also be considered for this role.
Your consultant on this role will be Georgia Bradley
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.