Senior Software Developer – Cheltenham
£35,000 to £50,000 DOE (+ benefits)
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and competent Senior Software Developer to join our well-established client as part of their cyber and computer forensics team. As a keen technologist, you’ll have a background in IT infrastructure and/or software engineering. Original ideas and innovation are strongly encouraged, and you’ll play a pivotal role in developing complex, unique features.
- The applications and projects are varied, so you’ll need to be comfortable working both as part of a team and autonomously. Our developers work largely in C#, Python, Java and C++, but we’re happy to consider any technical background, as long as you have a desire to learn new skills and work with cutting-edge tools and technologies. These might include: Virtualisation, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, MVC
- Design, develop and maintain an advanced suite of in-house software applications, agents and scripts.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues across a broad range of technologies.
- Work on cyber defence and response development activities, collaborating with our team of specialist cyber incident responders and technical security experts.
- Be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle, from initial concepts to prototyping, deployment and testing.
- At least five years’ relevant experience.
- Strong coding abilities – proficient in at least one high-level language, ideally C#
- Experience with database technologies, particularly big data solutions.
- Experience with messaging technologies (AMQP).
An understanding of source control, bug tracking and the software development lifecycle
- Experience of designing RESTful APIs.
- Hardware, network and application design and monitoring.
- A keen interest in and knowledge of emerging technologies.
The ability to follow a fast, iterative and agile development approach.
If you require any further information please contact Joe Lyons on 01452 429908
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.