Senior Systems Engineer – Cheltenham
Salary up to £46,000 DOE
GB Technology is currently working with a global software company based in Cheltenham who is now looking to recruit for a Senior Systems Engineer.
The successful applicant will be responsible for enhancing the software engineering capabilities of its Engineering department. You will work in a multi-disciplinary project team and be involved in the planning, development and delivery of firmware for both new and existing products, many of which are safety related or safety critical. You will be working across the entire development life cycle, from planning and requirements capture and analysis to final product approval and legacy maintenance.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements capture to production and deployment; Design, develop, code, test and debug system software incl. review of code and designs
- Integrate and validate new product designs, interfacing with hardware design and development as necessary
- Liaise with customers, internal and external as needed
- Provide post production support and maintenance as required
- Accurately estimate work of self and others including support to bids
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers on an informal basis
- Pro-active and self-motivated with good problem solving experience
- Good communication skills (presentation, written and verbal)
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related subject
- Demonstrable track record of robust firmware design & development through the entire lifecycle using embedded C for 8, 16 or 32-bit microcontrollers following required coding standards
- Experience of creating appropriate software test strategies and operational confirmation
- Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, MilCAN, J1939, CAN bus etc.)
- Good core IT skills (Windows, Office, Visio etc.)
- Experience of: C# or Java, GUI development, scripting languages e.g. PERL, TCL
- Experience of Linux development, especially embedded Linux development
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.