Service Desk Analyst – Cheltenham
One of the region’s largest employers is looking to recruit a Service Desk Analyst to join their central IT team supporting approximately 400 users.
- Has proven IT support experience with a good technical background.
- Professional, reliable and a strong performer in a 1st / 2nd line IT support.
- A people person with good customer service skills and able to communicate at all levels of seniority.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Adaptable and able to cope with a close and more hands-on work environment.
What should they be able to offer?
- An adaptable candidate that will be able to hit the ground running.
- Maintains a constant high standard of support and moves with swiftly emerging technologies.
- A methodical trouble shooter, that is able to react quickly, adapt, learn and be pro-active.
- Ability to manage their own workloads and provide regular updates to the team leader.
- Able to identify, improve, train and suggest new support protocols and procedures.
Provide responsive and high quality 1st & 2nd level support service to company employees. Support is given on hardware and a wide variety of business and shrink-wrapped applications. Troubleshoot computer problems to determine source. The role might suit someone who is considering a move into a supervisory or managerial role in the longer term.
- 1st & 2nd Line support (phone, email and in person)
- Documentation; procedures, configurations, training.
- Ownership laptop preparation process, ensuring equipment is ready to go.
- Maintaining an orderly and tidy working environment for all areas under the control of the IT Department.
- Maintenance of end user equipment builds and processes.
Desired Knowledge and Skillset
- Windows 10 (Configuration & Support)
- Microsoft Office 2016 or Office 365
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Writing technical and procedural documentation –
- Automation products such of Microsoft Deployment services –
- Android or Apple technology
- 3+ years’ experience in configuring & setting up PC’s/laptops/Thin Clients
- 3+ years’ experience in installing and general PC maintenance
The successful candidate will have all of the above and will also have an excellent telephone manner, show a methodical and patient approach to their work. Demonstrate ability to perform to the highest standards under pressure. Strong organisational, communication and prioritisation skills are essential to be able to adhere to the company SLAs.