Service Desk Team Leader – Cheltenham
Award winning professional services business is looking to expand their IT and recruit a Service Desk Team leader.
As part of a close knit team the Service Desk Team Leader will support 400 staff located across two main sites as well as working from home. The IT Department is responsible for supporting these sites and the staff both in the offices, at home and on customer sites. With significant investment in market leading IT, the mission is to provide a reliable service and strategy to support its business development plans.
- 1st & 2nd Line support duties
- Co-ordination of IT support requests
- Ownership of 1st/2nd Line Support processes, for example starters, leavers, transfer requests and supporting inventory.
- Inventory management of end user equipment
- Ownership, maintenance and development of helpdesk application (ISM)
- Documentation; procedures, configurations, training.
- Maintaining an orderly and tidy working environment for all areas under the control of the IT Department.
- General 1st & 2nd Line helpdesk duties
- Equipment fault finding/trouble shooting, testing, repair or dispatch for repair
- Management of incidents, assigning to the most appropriate analyst or Third Party.
- Regular review and where necessary escalation of incidents where situation and/or SLA dictates
- Production of Service reports for dissemination to IT Manager and Admin Partner
- Monthly analysis of ISM tickets and general feedback from business, looking for potential improvements (process or application). Report to be sent to IT Manager and Projects Manager
- Management of ServiceDesk core data, Requesters, assets (CI’s), templates, etc.
- Ensuring PC’s, laptops, Thin Clients and smartphones inventory levels are kept to agreed levels and built to company standards.
- Organise shifts and regular/scheduled site support visits
- Equipment MOT’s – regular review and checking of equipment, including updates for Meeting Room laptops.
- Adherence to procedures & policies with regards to licensing of software.
- Organising new employee inductions
Skills and experience preferred
- Windows 10 (Configuration & Support)
- Management or co-ordination of Service Desk
- Microsoft 365
- Web browsers
- Automation products, for example PC builds
- Structured cabling
Additional experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2016/Active Directory/Networking infrastructure.
- Citrix XenApp v6.5
- RES Workspace Manager and Automation Manager
- Some knowledge of networks
If you require any further information please contact Joe Lyons on 01452 429908
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.