Software Engineer – Bristol
Salary £24,000 – £35,000
GB Technology are pleased to be working in partnership with a bespoke software solutions company in Bristol.
They are actively searching for a Software Engineer in Bristol but are happy to look at different skill sets and competencies.
Alongside Senior Software Engineers, you will ensure the design, delivery and implementation of all projects are in line with the customer vision and that all responsibilities are conducted in a professional manner.
You will be able to engage in a collaborative customer journey, that is committed to ensuring that we deliver a positive customers experience.
- Lead the delivery of projects, packages of work and individual tasks to agreed deadlines
- Work with Senior Software Engineers in providing realistic time estimations and in identifying and resolving any completion risks
- Demonstrate an understanding of customer needs by contributing to technical discussions
- Use PHP with existing frameworks and develop new frameworks
- Utilise all resources effectively to ensure that no duplication of work or code occurs and works efficiently
- Ensure that the code you work with is scalable and future-proof in such a way that it is easy to extend, understand and build on for other engineers
- Create specification documents by providing accurate technical information and supported research findings
- Clearly document complex bodies of work to enable other engineers to diagnose potential problems with ease
- Ensure that all work undertaken either extends or improves the current functionality and preserves the customer experience, with no negative impact on the existing system
- Proactively develop technical skills and keep awareness of developments in the industry to support delivering what we do well
- Help develop and define processes and procedures to improve working practices
- Partner with the Infrastructure Team to develop and improve infrastructure delivery
- A minimum of 4 years experience in web development, preferably as part of a web development team working on a variety of projects
- A provable track record of the consistent professional and timely delivery of projects
- To be able to evidence the successful liaison with clients in scoping the delivery of projects
- Demonstrable experience of working on mission-critical web projects under strict time and budget constraints
- Working knowledge of Linux
- The ability and drive to develop skill sets in other areas of development
- Knowledge and experience of version control systems
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.