£28,000 – £32,000
Gloucester – South West – remote working options available
One of the UK’s leading software company’s is seeking a SQL Analyst, to join their friendly team in Gloucester.
This is an exciting opportunity for a SQL Analyst to work for a solutions-based company, which works with real-time information to enable organisations to streamline and automate business processes.
Working for this close-knit team is a real opportunity for a SQL Analyst to enhance their skill set, and work for a highly-profitable company, who appreciates and celebrates its staff.
The successful SQL Analyst will report directly to the Software Support Manager, and be responsible for 1st and 2nd line support. Therefore, good customer service skills are paramount to this role.
- Directly engage with customers in order to resolve any issues they have, via phone or email, in a prompt and efficient manner
- Document and track support issues, from the beginning to completion, escalating when needed
- Keep customers up to date on the progress of their issue
- Ensure all support tickets are responded to in line with SLA
- Maintain ownership of your tickets
- Document any enhancements needed to software, before logging with the development team
- Carry out testing of new versions of the software
- Provide quotes to customers and obtain their approval to ensure resolutions are delivered
- Follow the flow of data from a routine, grid view or report to its source view or stored procedure
- Identify and walk-through routines that are being managed through the automation tool
- Assist with updating the Landmark Help/User documentation as new versions of the software are released
- Attend project handover meetings and review the associated documentation in order to be able to support new customers
- Have an understanding of the basics of Dream
- Previous support role experience
- Problem analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience interacting with external customers
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative unsupervised
- Able to prioritise work-load and work under pressure
- Good understanding of SQL/SSMS with experience querying and using stored procedures and views.
- Previous experience using SSRS desirable
- Good experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs, including VBA
- Use of and setup of RDP’s/VPN’s
- Previous experience using Property Management Software applications
For more information on this role, or similar roles, please contact Joe Lyons – 07840 044228
GB Tech are your specialists in IT recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Helpdesk and Support, Developers, Managers and Team Leaders, and Cyber Security.
We manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.