Salary: Competitive based on experience
We have an exciting opportunity to join a small but dedicated team of IT professionals providing outsourced IT services to small and medium businesses. The role is quite diverse and offers plenty of opportunities to get hands-on with physical installation and maintenance as well as remote office-based support.
The role would ideally suit an experienced candidate that is looking for an opportunity to shine and help the business grow and develop its systems and services portfolio as well as hone and expand their own skill set within a small business setting.
We work with a wide range of clients and this brings a wide variety of challenges. Aside from traditional IT services we also offer Hosted Telephony Services and CCTV systems.
Desirable Technical skills would include the following:
- Strong background in Networking and Security (knowledge of Watchguard would be beneficial)
- Strong background in supporting Windows Environments, both Client and Server operating systems
- Strong experience in Office 365 Deployment, Maintenance and Migration.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server and Exchange Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure platform
Hardware vendor relationships;
Watchguard, Cisco, Dell, Fujitsu, Ubiquiti, Lenovo
Software vendor relationships;
Microsoft Client and Server operating systems, Office 365 and Azure services, Microsoft Office Suite, Sage, Autodesk products, Bistrack ERP, InspHire Hire Software.
Desirable personal/business skills would include the following:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Flexible and proactive approach to working situations
- Logical and methodical problem-solving skills
- Professional attitude with a dedication to further your knowledge and experience
- Ability to recognise an opportunity to sell or supply a solution to new and existing clients
- Experience with call logging/ticketing system
- Practical skills and basic use of hand tools such as saws & drills used for CCTV and cable installation
The day-to-day role will be to provide remote support to our customer base with occasional site visits, therefore own transport and full UK drivers licence are required (if this becomes a regular cycle then we will evaluate the requirement for a company issued vehicle).
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.