Our client, a well-established accountancy firm in Cheltenham, is looking for a Tax Accountant to join them on a full time and permeant basis.
The successful Tax Accountant will have knowledge of tax compliance and tax accounting principles. The Tax Accountant will oversee and prepare all company tax compliance reports, while reporting budgetary concerns and taxation effects to company managers.
- Prepare tax forms and data while offering accounting advice to clients and internal company departments
- Maintain and update working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices and deadlines
- Prepare tax accruals for company records and accounts
- Correspond with other departments, including marketing and production, to understand business practices and new projects
- Communicate the tax implications of all business practices to senior company managers
- Develop strong relationships with clients, including understanding their business practices and specific tax information needs
- Assist with preparing annual financial records, including meeting deadlines and ensuring all financial practices and records comply with accepted accounting standards
- Work with financial management officials to develop tax strategies that involve both incentives and tax-compliance recognitions
- Review work by junior team members, recognising training opportunities
- CPAUK (Certified Public Accountants Association)
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent studies
- Tax compliance experience
- Proficient with analysing spreadsheets
- Research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Organised and able to work under pressure
- Competitive salary
- Training and development opportunities
- Ambition is encouraged
- Friendly team culture
If you require any further information please contact Anna Rankin on 01452 429904
GB Finance is your specialist in Accountancy and Financial Services recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance & Risk, Investment & Wealth and Accounting & Finance.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.